This is very fast and easy. The kids love it and I make the rice in the morning so it can totally cool. It fries much better that way. We add the soy Sauce to each plate, that way you can adjust the flavoring. Enjoy
Nicholas's Gluten Free Fried Rice
- 1/4 c. cooking oil
- 1 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 2 c. cooked rice
- 1/2 c. finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 1/2 c. Frozen sweet peas
- 2 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 c. gluten free soy sauce I use LA Choy
- Heat oil and butter or margarine in a large skillet or wok.
- Add carrots, onions and peas.
- Cook on medium-high heat until the onions are translucent and beginning to caramelize.
- Move carrots, onions and peas to the sides of the skillet or wok.
- Pour slightly beaten egg into the empty part of the skillet and scramble finely.
- When egg is fully cooked, mix egg and vegetables together.
- Add rice to mixture.
- Pour gluten free soy sauce over rice. or see note above
- Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring frequently, until flavors and ingredients are combined and heated through. (About 10 minutes.)
Gluten Free Chicken or Pork Fried Rice
- To make Gluten Free Chicken or Pork Fried Rice:
- Thinly slice one large chicken breast and add to hot oil in pan before vegetables.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, onions and peas and cook according to the Gluten Free Fried Rice recipe.