Saturday, January 8, 2011

Gluten Free Brownie

I have played around with flours and different recipes for brownies and I have also used the betty crocker mix and I really prefer the texture and taste of this brownie. I have made it several ways and am ready to post the recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! The flour is on my blog. I modified a recipe from a friend Michelle Gibbs when she was cooking gluten free. I really love the potato flour in it, it is the secret I believe to a great texture and taste
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup gf flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  •   1 tsp xanthum gum
  • 3 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.I like to flour with the cocoa.
  2. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.I did exactly 30 min in a glass pan.
  4. To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. You may need a bit a milk to get it spreadable. Frost brownies while they are still warm not hot.  
  5. ENJOY, you will love these...my family is in love with them and I am happy to have a money saving recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment