Thursday, November 15, 2012

November 2012 Time Flies

Making Blueberry Muffins today for the swim meet in Jackson this weekend. These are great and you will not know they are GF.

I got this recipe from a friend and modified it to be GF. It is great with regular flour too!

I use my flour blend in place of regular in equal measurements. If it calls for 1 1/2 cups of regular flour I use 1 1/2 cup GF blend. I do not add Xantham  gum to the blend, some recipes do not need it and some need more so I add that each time it is called for.

Blueberry Muffins (or any fruit)

1 1/2 cup GF flour blend
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup vege oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup berries

Mix dry then wet, fold in berries, top with crumbled topping.

Makes 10 muffins
Bake 400 degrees 20-25 minutes

topping 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon


No comments:

Post a Comment