Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dinner made with a friend!


I have this great friend who loves to visit friends.  She brought a recipe today and said lets cook, is that ok?  Of course, I love to cook and it was a wonderful time.  We made a sausage, spinach cheese stuffed wonton.  I made the boys out of rice paper.  Nicholas could not do the texture.  He ate the filling no problem, and loved it. We served ours with soy sauce and rice.  They were suppose to be served with cheese and marinara sauce.  I would definitely make them again.  Thanks Aniko...you are truly special. 



Pie Crust that is delicious,,,,,very flaky and great flavor. Not sweet like Pamelas pie crust I posted earlier this month. 
I canned apple pie filling this fall.  I used Clear Gel A so it would be gluten free.  This was hard to find. I finally found it at a store here in Idaho Falls called Four Seasons.  It is a wonderful smooth thickener.  I use it a lot, no funny aftertaste and not globby.  Great stuff! I will post a picture of the pie filling once I find the picture.


CRUST:
1 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon apple cider or white vinegar
3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
COMBINE rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Form well in center. Add egg and vinegar; stir gently with a fork until just blended. Sprinkle with water; blend together with a fork and clean hands until mixture just holds together and forms a ball. (Be careful not to add too much water as dough will be hard to roll.)SHAPE dough into ball and divide in half. Cover one half with plastic wrap; set aside. Place remaining half on lightly floured (use rice flour) sheet of wax paper. Top with additional piece of wax paper. Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of wax paper and invert dough into 9-inch deep-dish (4-cup volume) pie plate. Slowly peel away wax paper. Trim excess crust. Turn edge under; crimp as desired. Repeat with remaining half.

No comments:

Post a Comment