Monday, January 25, 2010

Mexican Chicken Salad

 Tonights dinner was great and easy.  Very fast to prepare and liked by all.  Mom is coming for a visit tomorrow and so I wanted something easy and allowed me time to get other things done.  She will be here till the 8th so I will do my best to keep up with recipes and  ideas.  She doesn't mind eating Gluten free so it is easy to cook for her.  If you don't like rice and veges it can get kinda hard to come up with ideas.  I really try to keep a good variety of menu items and rotate them so we do not get bored or burned out on one thing.  My sweetie is grinding me an espresso for morning..yeah! He is so great.  Good night and sleep tight!
6 Large servings


4 cups torn lettuce, rinsed
2 cups corn
2 roma tomatoes chopped
1 bunch green onion chopped
1/2 cup ranch
1 red bell pepper chopped
15 oz can black beans rinsed
1 avocado sliced and chopped
1/2 cup bar b que sauce
3 cups chicken, grilled and cut up
1/8 cup red onion
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
Mix ranch and bbq sauce
Mix corn, chicken beans and grated cheddar1/2 cup
Pour dressing over lettuce and rest of ingredients. Toss and serve. Very filling and Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I just have to laugh that you say this was an "easy and fast" dinner. That would take me all day to make. Ok, maybe not all day, but at least a couple hours. So funny!

    ReplyDelete